Surreal Images by Hengki Koentjoro

Surreal Images by Hengki Koentjoro

I’ve always been immensely fascinated with photography and the idea of saving a moment in time. But its photographers like Hengki Koentjoro who take it to a whole new level.

Through his own unique techniques and long exposure, he transforms the ordinary into something out of a fairy tale. His black and white images are so gorgeous that his subjects often seem suspended in space.

When asked about how he became the photographer that he is, heres what he had to say:
“My Mother gave me a Kodak Pocket camera when I was Eleven years old and I never look back ever since. I fell in love with the idea of preserving what I was seeing, and it was about the beginning of my love affair with photography. From that moment forward, I began documenting, photographically, the activities of my family, as well as the community surrounding me.”